How do I enter a deduction in QuickBooks?
QuickBooks Online Payroll (all versions)
- Go to the Workers or Payroll menu, then select Employees.
- Select the employee’s name.
- Select Edit ✎ next to Pay.
- In the deduction section, select + Add a new deduction or + Add deductions.
- From the Deductions/contributions ▼ dropdown menu, choose New deduction/contribution.
How do I set up company contributions in QuickBooks?
Set up company contributions
- Select Employees. …
- In the Deduction and Contributions section, select Edit.
- Select Add a Company Contribution.
- On the drop down, select the existing contribution or New Contribution.
- For the Amount per period, select the drop down arrow.
How do I enter a health insurance shareholder in QuickBooks?
Set up an S-Corp pay type
- Select Employees. Then select the employee’s name.
- In the Pay section, select Edit.
- In the What additional ways do you pay [employee’s name] area, select Show all pay types.
- Select S-Corp Owner’s Health Insurance.
- You can add an amount or leave it blank. …
- Select Ok.
How do I set up payroll items in QuickBooks desktop?
Create a bonus payroll item in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll
- From the QuickBooks Desktop menus at the top, select Lists > Payroll Item List.
- At the lower left of the Payroll Item List, select the Payroll Item button > New.
- Select Custom Setup, and then select Next.
- Select Wage, and then Next.
- Select Bonus, and then Next.
How do I change payroll deductions in QuickBooks?
Select Settings ⚙️. Select Setup. Then select Deductions / Contributions.
Edit a payroll deduction item
- Select Employees. Then select the name of the employee.
- In the Deductions & Contribution section, select Edit.
- Select Edit next to the trash icon.
- Edit the information. Then select Save.
- Select Ok.
How do I enter payroll deductions in QuickBooks desktop?
Intuit Online Payroll Full Service
- Select Employees.
- Select an employee from the list.
- In the Deductions and Contribution section, select Edit.
- Select Add new deduction or contribution.
- In the new window, select the name of the deduction you’d like to add.
How do I enter pension contributions in QuickBooks?
Employee pension contributions
- Go to the Employees tab in the left menu.
- Click the name of the employee.
- Select the Pencil icon in the Auto Enrollment section.
- Edit the pension contribution rate.
- Click Save.
How do I enter 401k contributions in QuickBooks?
- Click on the Employees menu.
- Double click on the employee name.
- Go to the Payroll Info tab.
- In the ADDITIONS, DEDUCTIONS AND COMPANY CONTRIBUTIONS section, add the 401(k) payroll.
- Insert the specific rate for this employee.
- Click OK, and repeat this for the rest of the employees.
How do I categorize health insurance in QuickBooks?
To set up an insurance benefit item using custom setup:
- Choose Lists > Payroll Item List. …
- Select Custom Setup > Next.
- Select Deduction and click Next.
- Name the deduction item and click Next. …
- Enter the Agency for the employee-paid liability, and the account number and the liability account for the payroll item.
How do I record two shareholders of health insurance in QuickBooks?
If you’re a 2% shareholder and offer the same medical insurance plan to all your employees
- Select List and then Payroll Item List.
- On the Payroll Item List, select Payroll Item, and then New.
- Select EZ Setup, and then Next.
- Select Insurance Benefits, and select Next.
- Select S Corp Medical, and select Next until Finish.
How do I record health insurance payments in QuickBooks?
In order to use the tax tracking type to track the cost of employer-sponsored health coverage, follow these steps:
- Go to Employees menu at the top and select Manage Payroll Items.
- Click New Payroll Item and choose Custom Setup then click Next.
- Choose Company Contribution and click Next.
How do I set up payroll taxes in QuickBooks?
Make payroll tax payments
- Select Taxes from the left, then Payroll Tax.
- Select Pay Taxes. …
- For the tax you want to pay, select Record Payment.
- Choose a payment date. …
- When you’re ready, select Approve and print.
- To verify your tax payment has been recorded in QuickBooks Online: