Why is Zofran expensive?
The main reason zofran is so expensive is that thankfully most people only have to undergo a few treatments of chemotherapy in their lifetime and the expense is minimal compared to the billions people spend on other pharmaceutical products.
Is there a generic version of Zofran?
Zofran (ondansetron) is an antiemetic and selective 5-HT3 receptor antagonist prescribed for the treatment of nausea and vomiting due to cancer chemotherapy and also used to prevent and treat nausea and vomiting after surgery. Zofran is available in generic form.
Can you buy Zofran over the counter?
Dramamine is used for prevention and treatment of symptoms associated with motion sickness including nausea, vomiting, and dizziness. Brand names for ondansetron include Zofran, Zofran ODT, and Zuplenz. Dramamine is a brand name for dimenhydrinate. Dramamine is available over-the-counter (OTC).
What can I take instead of Zofran?
- Zofran (ondansetron) Prescription only. …
- 6 alternatives.
- Phenergan (promethazine) Prescription only. …
- scopolamine (scopolamine) Prescription only. …
- Compro (prochlorperazine) Prescription only. …
- Aloxi (palonosetron) Prescription only. …
- Anzemet (dolasetron) Prescription only. …
- Sancuso (granisetron) Prescription only.
How much does Zofran cost at Walmart?
Zofran PriceDosageQuantityPrice Without Insurance4mg30 disintegrating tablets$765.008mg20 disintegrating tablets$761.12Walmart4mg30 disintegrating tablets$667.04
How long does Zofran last?
Zofran (ondansetron) lasts about eight hours. It begins to work quickly and reaches peak concentration in about two hours. To prevent nausea, the dose is usually repeated eight hours after the first one. Some people continue this Zofran dosage for 1 to 2 days following chemotherapy or radiation.
How much does Zofran cost at CVS?
Average 12 Month Prices for OndansetronPharmacyOndansetron Retail PriceOndansetron SingleCare PriceCVS Pharmacy$71.31$41.81Walmart$49.34$29.82Walgreens$74.59$55.46Kroger Pharmacy$31.26$20.28
How much does Zofran cost at Walgreens?
Average 12 Month Prices for Zofran (Brand) & Ondansetron Hcl (Generic)PharmacyZofran Retail PriceOndansetron Hcl Retail PriceWalgreens$279.40$60.10Kroger Pharmacy$286.30$39.69Albertsons Pharmacy-$42.68Rite Aid Pharmacy-$68.17
Is Zofran used for anxiety?
Zofran (ondansetron) and Compazine (prochlorperazine) are prescribed for the treatment of nausea and vomiting. Zofran is often used to prevent and treat nausea and vomiting during chemotherapy and after surgery. Compazine is also used to treat psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia and anxiety.
What is the strongest anti nausea medication?
However, if the chemotherapy is likely to cause nausea and vomiting, your doctor may prescribe one or more of the following common anti-nausea medications:
- Aprepitant (Emend®)
- Dolasetron (Anzemet®)
- Granisetron (Kytril®)
- Ondansetron (Zofran®)
- Palonosetron (Aloxi®)
- Proclorperazine (Compazine®)
What relieves nausea fast?
What can be done to control or relieve nausea and vomiting?
- Drink clear or ice-cold drinks.
- Eat light, bland foods (such as saltine crackers or plain bread).
- Avoid fried, greasy, or sweet foods.
- Eat slowly and eat smaller, more frequent meals.
- Do not mix hot and cold foods.
- Drink beverages slowly.
What is the best over the counter anti nausea medication?
For Nausea and Vomiting
- Bismuth subsalicylate, the active ingredient in OTC medications like Kaopectate® and Pepto-Bismol™, protects your stomach lining. Bismuth subsalicylate is also used to treat ulcers, upset stomach and diarrhea.
- Other medicines include cyclizine, dimenhydrinate, diphenhydramine, and meclizine.
What can I take to stop feeling sick?
Things that may help you stop feeling sick
- get plenty of fresh air.
- distract yourself – for example, listen to music or watch a film.
- take sips of a cold drink – some people find fizzy drinks best.
- drink ginger or peppermint tea.
- eat foods containing ginger – such as ginger biscuits.
- eat smaller, more frequent meals.
How does Zofran make you feel?
Zofran (ondansetron) is used to relieve nausea and vomiting commonly associated with cancer treatments like chemotherapy and radiation. It can also be used to prevent and treat post-surgical nausea and vomiting. Common side effects associated with Zofran include headache, drowsiness, constipation and the chills.